Monday, June 25, 2007

When life hands you leftovers...

Make Leftoverade!

Ok, that was lame, I know. But there is a point to this, I promise! When I was a kid, I was never good at eating leftovers. Ok, I'll be honest. I'm still not good at eating leftovers. Sometimes, at work, I'll be good by clearing out my contributions to the communal fridge in order to avoid spending more for a new lunch. But usually, I like fresh. I'm sorry, fresh is just more appealing!

If you think I'm a terrible and wasteful person for thinking this way, just wait two more seconds before you blame me. I have a plan for redeeming myself. Here goes:


There is a new movement called "replating." This organization, that you can read about at replate.org, defines the coined verb:

Their goal is to spread the word to as many people as possible, making replating a movement that makes sure less food is wasted, and more hungry mouths are fed.

So, I'm doing my job. I'm passing on the word. How's that for redemption?

- Hillary, about to go eat some leftovers...
Editor @ Recipe4Living.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi:for me finding food on top of a garbage can would be a real turnoff. but i am curious, what do you eat that would be considered fresh? salads, steak? do you eat out in restaurants? surely you must know that they depend heavily on prep, which means it's been sitting around awhile. actually, when i like something, i can eat it everyday until it's gone. and being rather busy (or lazy as some would see it), i make food (for instance, chili) to last several days. my problem mostly is getting the time to cook the stuff. i have lofty ideas when i purchase but quite often end up throwing stuff out that's gone bad even before i've cooked it. and i still go buy more. beats me!