Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Top Chef


I don’t know about you, but I am an avid viewer of Top Chef (not to mention, just an all-around Bravo fan!). I make it my business to catch every episode of the show, if not once, as many times as possible. Somehow, that standardized reality TV formula they’ve got over there at Bravo sucks me in every time. I’m beyond addicted.

Anyway, I am greatly anticipating tonight’s competition between seasons 1 and 2’s casts (to air at 10/9 CST). It takes me awhile to adjust to new people so anytime shows bring back older casts, I’m a happier camper. This sendoff into the third season (to premiere next Wednesday) has got me wondering, “which cuisine reigns supreme” (totally stolen from Iron Chef, ok I LOVE cooking competitions)? Will it be Ilan’s saffron coma-inducing concoctions? Or will Harold’s laidback all-American and hearty style prevail? Yes, those two are the leaders of the season’s packs and if my instincts serve me well, I predict some sort of “throwdown” between the two Top Chefs.

TUNE IN and let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Kitty said...

I love Top Chef, too. I am addicted and also watch each show several times. And, same as you, I had a hard time transitioning from one season to the other. (second season started out with many more contestants, so the bonding process was tough!)

Each chef is an acquired taste, no? Even Stephen, the wine guy, I came to love. He looks like a young version of Barry Manilow. The hair, the ties, how he shakes his head a little when he speaks.

Must be cool when you're so into cooking to watch that show! :-)