Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm Moving to Ireland

Ok, ok, this is not exactly news for anyone that knows me. Nonetheless, it's been one of those days that I can't stop thinking "Holy #$&% I'm moving to Ireland." I'm moving to Dublin in September to pursue my goal of being a lifelong student, and where I will also continue my love of food. I've heard things about the cost of dining out in Ireland which make me think I'll be cooking more than here in NYC. In that spirit, I decided to devote my regular blog reading to some awesome Irish food blogs today. The rumored Irish "gift of gab" is true people.

  • Val's Kitchen writes about "American-Style" fluffy pancakes. I had no idea we could take credit for that! Giving me something to look forward to, Ireland is that "Atlantic blasted island of rain." Bring it.
  • The Humble Housewife makes me somewhat ravenous with these:
  • The super-close-up pictures served up with wit at Stuff yer bake are amazing. And, yes, the title of the blog amuses me greatly.
  • Martin Dwyer tells me that duck fat is freely available in supermarkets in Ireland....And that I will be cooking my cabbage in it. Awesome.
Might I finish with my favorite Irish food recipe at Recipe4Living.com?

Sweet Potato and Wild Mushroom Lamb Stew

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your move! Ireland is happy for more foodies...

Dea said...

Yay! Another foodie coming our way! We moved here from Michigan by way of Rochester, NY and Chicago about two years ago. I'm Irish originally, but you'd never know to hear me talk, the husband is American and it's had it's challenges, but we like it. He loves it, but I'd be back in the states in a heartbeat, guess you would think it would be the other way around! Anyways, let me know if you need any help. I would suggest you get in touch with the American Womens Club in Dublin, they are super helpful and a great way to meet people on their way out who can usually provide you with lots of 220v appliances at reasonable cost! :-) Best of luck and I will be adding a link stat! :-)

Caley said...

@ kieran- Thanks! Looking forward to it!

@ deborah- Thanks for the offer and the link! I've recently started to fall in love with NYC, so I'm sure I will miss it, but I am very excited to move to Dublin. The suggestion for the American Womens Club in Dublin sounds wonderful (especially since I know no one in Ireland). Cheers!