Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fishing For A Great White Wine

Recently my husband and I bought a new house with a kitchen that dated back to the 1950’s. We decided that it had to be renovated right away, and, as anyone who has renovated a kitchen knows, you spend at least three months of that process eating out. So after two months of local restaurants and fast food joints, we decided to stray a little farther a field than our town and ended up at Champps Americana Restaurant Here I found a delightful White Zinfandel from Beringer which I paired with their Coconut Fried Shrimp. Crispy and light, this wine had a subtle flavor that didn’t overwhelm the seafood.

The next day I went out, bought a bottle of Beringer White Zinfandel, and started trying it with a variety of fish dishes to see if my initial impression was correct. To my delight, it stood up to all of the dishes that I prepared with style and flavor. You might want to try this delightful wine with such great fish dishes as Baked Lemon Sole. Try it with this and othergreat seafood recipes and make this Lenton season the tastiest one yet.

0 comments: