Friday, March 9, 2007

Cooking+TV Show=Money? Where Did The Love Go?

As I sat on my couch last night and flipped through channel after channel trying to find something good to watch, (since Grey's was yet another repeat) I was in shock at all the cooking TV shows I saw. Some were restaurant chefs giving away their "secret" recipes, there was Rachael Ray of course, Wolfgang Puck, some infomercials, and people I have never even heard of or even care to watch. This got me thinking if all these cooking shows have gotten out of control and if these so called professional chefs are only in it for the money and not the love of cooking.

At some point a few years ago before having a cooking show became so popular I truly believe, well at least I really want to believe, that all these chefs were in it for their passion of cooking. I used to love watching Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. I would actually sit on my couch with a pen and paper and take notes, and yes I do own two of her cooking books. However, now I can't stand her. Come on, she has like five different TV shows now, not to mention she stares at me when I walk down the cracker aisle in the grocery store. How could she not be in it for the money? Her attitude is even different on her shows now than before. What used to be passion has turned into what can I throw together for the viewers that just takes 30 minutes? So I want to ask her, Rachael, where did the love go?


0 comments: