Monday, March 19, 2007

A Breath of Fresh Air

I've only written about the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten once in this blog, although I am a longtime fan of hers. Her recipes are manageable and yet always impressive-looking. But my favorite part about Ms. Garten is the complete calm that she instills in the cooking process. Her soothing demeanor and lighthearted personality makes her shows on the Food Network so easy to watch. I love the Hampton's setting - though some may call it elitist - and I think it's endearing the way she talks about her husband. Call me old-fashioned, but I just think Ina Garten really gets to the heart of what cooking is about.

The New York Times had an article about the Contessa herself in Sunday's paper (which I wouldn't have found without the help of my beloved Serious Eats). It's a really nice window into the world of the business-savvy cook and the empire she's growing.

0 comments: