Monday, July 2, 2007

Breaking my heart and hurting my tongue




What the hell happened to Chee-Tos? While picking up classier lunch fare--cold cuts, good Swiss, yogurt--at the store last night, I saw a bag of Chee-Tos and could not resist nostalgia's call. These things turned me into an orange dust-coated zombie in lunch hours past, and I couldn't wait to try eating them again. I still consume a fair amount of bagged chips and such, mind you, but I moved to Sun Chips and Baked Lays long ago, preferring fake health food to the lowly Chee-To. I snagged the bag, packed a portion into a lunch baggie, and cracked them open as a midmorning snack.

Big mistake.

I feel like I've been eating a cheesy salt lick, and I'm only three bites in. Is this a sign that my tastes are truly developing? What happens next, then? Can I still enjoy cheap Chinese and Domninoes' Pizza? What has this job done to me?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Cheetos Cheese and Bacon Balls. More suited to the adult pallette!