Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pop Rockin' Chocolate


So, I need a favor. About a month ago, I tried a chocolate bar that nearly changed my life. It was an Israeli chocolate bar, but the unique part about it was that it had pop rocks in it! Just imagine that for a second, chocolate with pop rocks. Sounds simple, but it is out of this world, and it created, quite literally, a party in my mouth (I know I've used this expression before, but it's too appropriate here to pass up.)

My problem is, it's been out of my world for a little bit too long. I can't find it anywhere! I believe the brand was the Israeli Elite brand (they make a ton of delicious chocolate, you should try it sometime), but their Web site seems to be lacking in the accessibility department. So here's where you come in. Know of a particular grocery store that carries it, or a website I can order mass amounts of them from? If so, please let me know! My cravings are unruly lately and they need to be fed.

That is all. Thank you.

-Hillary, obviously wishing she was eating chocolate with pop rocks
Editor, Recipe4Living

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen Elite at both Jewel Schucks grocery stores during holiday seasons but I do not believe I have seen the pop rock chocolate bars in the U.S. yet. I will keep looking.

Hillary said...

Thanks Jill! I've seen Elite in a bunch of grocery stores too. They always get my hopes up! They have ones with rice candy and nuts in them, but unfortunately, no pop rocks...

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out Garden Fresh grocery stores. They have a vast selection of all kinds of goodies from different countries and a large selection of what appears to be Israeli foods. I've been to the one in Northbrook (Skokie Blvd); I'll have to take a look for you this weekend when visiting the fam in the suburbs.

Hillary said...

Thank you Melissa! I'm familiar with Garden Fresh but haven't checked there for the chocolate recently. Thanks for the suggestion!

Unknown said...

You can order directly from Elite's site or try a Judaica catalogue. www.hamakor.com, maybe?

I'm eating some of the poprocks chocolate right now and it's so dang good.

Maybe see if anyone you know is going to Israel?

Hillary said...

Thanks Beth! Come to think of it I have a cousin in Israel right now!

mabconsultants said...

Hi all,
It is an amazing treat. My daughter just returned from a trip to Israel and brought me back some. She bought it in the airport and I love it. Unfortunately I'm running out and I will have to send an order with the next friend I know who is going to Israel. Still haven't found it in the US.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yea, unfortunately I missed my cousin's time in Israel and he is back now! I'll have to find the next person going to Israel too!