Friday, February 23, 2007

Texas Holdem and Sticky Fingers- A Big NoNo

I don't know about the rest of you but this week has been too long and thank god it is finally Friday! No offense to my job (because I do love it!) but I can't wait to get out of the office and head home to greet some friends and fire up a game of Texas Holdem Poker.

Usually it is the same group that gets together and plays every other weekend and we all try to switch it up when it comes to who is hosting it and tonight is my night. Whenever it's my night to host I like to be that "person" who not only can set up a poker table and count out chips but who also entertains the guest with fun food to munch on.

Usually the men out weight the women when it comes to playing poker so I keep that in mind when it comes to what kind of snacks I want to serve. So just a few minutes ago I was browsing on Recipe4Living for some creative dips and found one for Buffalo Chicken Dip. I think this would be perfect to make tonight- when you think about it, men (and some women who don't care about getting their face and hands a little messy) love buffalo chicken wings...right? This way no one will get any cards sticky and we can all still enjoy the taste of buffalo wings. Here is the recipe if anyone else is interested.

Ingredients
12 oz. cooked chicken, shredded
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 C. ranch dressing
3/4 C. Frank's Hot Sauce
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
Frito Scoops

Directions
Mix together chicken and hot sauce. Let set for 30 minutes. Meanwhile beat cream cheese and ranch dressing. Fold in shredded chicken. Spread mixture into pie plate sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. Add cheddar to top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with Frito Scoops.

You could serve this dip for any party really. Especially if you are having some friends over to watch a sporting event. That way you will have no worries when it comes to messy hands getting all over the furniture due to serving buffalo wings.

Well wish me luck everyone and have a great weekend!

0 comments: