Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Incredible Egg Slicer

When I was little I always wanted to help my mom in the kitchen and one of the kitchen tools that fascinated me was the egg slicer. Of course the first time I borrowed it from her kitchen, I broke it while trying to put some Play Dough through it. So she showed me all the handy ways this was meant to be used. With Easter just around the corner, this handy dandy little tool can slice peeled hard-boiled eggs into even slices - especially great for all those leftover Easter Eggs. It also works well slicing mushrooms. There are so many shapes and sizes of these wonderful tools, but I like the one from KitchenAid the best. It lasts longest, and as quickly as I go through them, this is the one with the best value. It comes in three colors: red, white or black.

You don’t have to wait until Easter to try these tasty salads. Yum, I am making one as soon as I get home.

Zesty Egg Salad For Two

The perfect amount for a lunch for two.

Ingredients

3 hard-cooked eggs
3 Tbs. mayonnaise
1 Tbs. prepared mustard
1/8 Tbs. salt
1/8 Tbs. pepper
1/8 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. minced green onion

Directions

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Stir in eggs with a fork, chopping them into bite-sized pieces. Add green onion.

Makes two servings.

Lemon Dill Egg Salad

With a few more ingredients, this egg salad is truly delicious.

Ingredients

6 hard cooked eggs, chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. dried dill weed
3/4 C. reduced fat ranch salad dressing

Directions

Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 1 hour. Good with sliced tomatoes and lettuce leaves on a French roll.

0 comments: