Friday, April 13, 2007

Thin Mints Rock!!!!


Let me tell you, there is nothing better than walking out of the grocery store and being welcomed by a couple of little ladies dressed in green, selling Girl Scout Cookies! It has been years since I have been approached and asked to buy the delicious $4-a-box cookies and I was in sheer joy to be a part of it again.



I know everyone has their own favorite box and I must say I had a pretty hard time deciding on Thin Mints or the Tagalongs, also known as Peanut Butter Patties. (I am seriously getting hungry right now just thinking of these.)

After about five minutes of debating in my head which box to buy I decided to go for the Thin Mints, almost everyone's choice, I assume. Of course, I also had to buy a box of the Samoas (also known as Caramel deLites) for my boyfriend since those are his favorite.

After eating about half the box and feeling extremely guilty I started pondering if it is possible to make the minty, melt in your mouth, crunchy, Thin Mint cookies myself. I looked on the Recipe4Living site and low and behold I found a recipe for them! So much for my eating healthy, but I can't turn these down and everyone deserves a treat now and then.

If you are like me and love Girl Scout cookies you should check out their site. You can even find a location near you that sells them. How exciting is that?

Here is the recipe I found for Chocolate-Mint Cookies!

Ingredients

1/4 C. shortening
1/2 C. sugar
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/4 C. light corn syrup
1 egg1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. mint extract
1 and 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 C. peppermint candy, crushed

Directions

Combine shortening and 1/4 C. of the sugar and beat well. Add melted chocolate, corn syrup, egg, vanilla and mint extract and continue to beat. Slowly add flour and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in candy. Shape into 1/2-inch balls and roll in the other 1/4-C. of sugar. Cook for 12 - 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call this a test comment, but I love thin mint chocolates.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the response Andy! Not sure what a "test comment" is but I knew there were other fans out there like me who love Thin Mints! You should try the recipe I gave- they taste pretty much the same!

Anonymous said...

The test comment was for the Bumpzee dofollow community. I was scrolling back through your archives looking for a comment that went to a domain rather than a blogger ID - in the end I gave up and decided it was easier to leave a comment.

Sarah said...

Gotcha! Make sense. Thanks for checking out our blog!