Friday, April 6, 2007

A New Season A New Me

I don't know about you guys but it seems that come every Spring, I sit down and evaluate my life, asking myself if I am as happy as I could be. I came up with the conclusion that no, I could be happier. I actually realized that I was disappointed in myself and that I needed to start making some changes and make them fast.

I had become this person who had an everyday routine, which was wake up come to work, go home to watch hours of television and then go to bed, wake up and do the same thing. Talk about no exercise or activity. Plus my eating habits became, well let's say, not that good. No wonder I felt depressed! And to even think of summer and bathing suits, ugggggg.

So.....a couple of weeks ago I had decided to start exercising at least four out of the five weeknights and eating a much healthier diet. (I actually have had a gym membership for months and just never went) So now after work I go to the gym for about 45 minutes and work up a pretty decent sweat, along with packing a healthier lunch consisting of more fruits and veggies. Not only go I feel better about myself but I can tell a difference in my attitude and even the way my clothes fit.

This is something everyone should be doing and it is so easy to do. You don't even have to belong to a gym, just go outside and take a walk or take up running. Now is the season to enjoy the outside. This is the start of a new season so make yourself a new you. Happy Spring Everyone!

Here are some of my NEW favorite healthy recipes:

Low-Fat Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients
2 lb. chicken breast
2 cans low-fat cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz. container low or fat free sour cream
1 small can green chilies
2 C. low or fat free cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1 Tbs. chili seasoning8 tortillas (low fat)

Directions
In a bowl combine 2 cans of soup and sour cream. Set aside. In a nonstick frying pan brown chicken breast with Pam. Cut chicken into small pieces or shred. Add half of the soup and sour cream mixture and the can of green chilies to the cooked chicken and warm. This is the mixture that you will fill the tortillas with. Using a large baking dish, (9x13 usually), fill each tortilla and wrap. Place these filled tortillas in the pan with the seam down until done. Add the other half of the soup and sour cream mixture to the top of the filled tortillas. Top with shredded cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Low-Fat Grilled Tuna
Chicken Salad Wraps
Low-Fat Low-Carb Lasagna
Baked Low-Fat French Fries

For some delicious healthy recipe ideas click here!

0 comments: